China and now Roxy!!

A forum for dog and cat adoption team members

China and now Roxy!!

Postby jenniesloan86 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:03 pm

I'm sure everyone is as excited as I am that China went home!

She went home with a really nice, handsome young lawyer who fell for her the second he met her. He had no problem overlooking the anxiety she had in the shelter, and seemed like he would give her a great home!

I was so excited to be a part of an adoption, especially for a dog like China. He was the only application she'd had for the month that she'd been there. Usually I'm hiding behind my camera somewhere, but it was nice to meet an adopterand help someone go home.

And now I just looked a the site, and Roxy went home too! Roxy was a favorite of my fiance and I. Especially him. I'm sure you could see how much he loved her in his pictures. I hope she found a really great Mommy or Daddy, one who will actually keep her this time. She was adopted a few months ago and returned :(

Good luck Roxy and China!!
jenniesloan86

Re: China and now Roxy!!

Postby Fran on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:13 pm

Oh, Jennie, thanks for sharing this! I felt so bad for poor China and how stressed she was. I am sooo glad she finally went home. And, Roxy baby too! This is great news. :)
Fran
Fran

Postby aplappert on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:02 am

Woo hooo! These stories are great! Another venture I'm thinking of stepping into will be a Happy Tails page on the AWA website, if possible, or even a link on that site to an entirely new offshoot site that I create. Of course, I say all of this and am already afraid that i'm stretching myself too thin, so this might not come to fruition, but if we could get someone else on board to help make this happen, it might become a reality!
A world full of animals to help and only one lifetime in which to do it!
aplappert

Postby awanjadmin on Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:20 pm

I saw Roxy going home with the NICEST woman! They both seemed really happy lol. We are in the process of redesigning the website and will be putting back the Happy Tails very soon! Also Amy, I am working on the questions you passed on and will get back you you asap. Thanks everyone!

Cassandra
Cassandra
cassandras@awanj.org
awanjadmin

Return to Dog and Cat Adoption Team