Hercules

A forum for dog and cat adoption team members

Hercules

Postby Fran on Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:51 pm

I'm sure you all remember that gentle giant named Hercules who stayed at AWA about three weeks. I visited my vet's office today to get heartworm meds for my girls. The vet tech knows I volunteer at AWA. She asked me if I knew a dog named Hercules. Well, apparently Hercules is one of the newest patients at the office, came in for a check up with his new mom, and he's an office favorite. She said he is an absolutely wonderful big boy and has been adopted by a terrific family!

Just thought I'd give everyone the update. I just love hearing about or seeing our residents after they get adopted!
Fran
Fran

Re: Hercules

Postby jenniesloan86 on Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:18 pm

awww yay for hercules. he was such a sweetie!
jenniesloan86

Postby aplappert on Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:38 pm

Thanks for sharing! I remember Hercules and remembered thinking it would be difficult to place him because of his size. I am SO glad to hear that he found a home and it doing well!
The more we share these stories, the better! That reminds me...I'll post something about Glenda now...:)
A world full of animals to help and only one lifetime in which to do it!
aplappert

Postby Fran on Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:33 am

I took my "girls" in for their pedicure at the vet yesterday. Herc is a patient there as well. The vet told me that Herc's mom wanted her to relay to me how fantastic he's doing. She's totally in love with her big teddy bear :) Believe it or not, despite his size, he's afraid of loud noises -- sirens, stuff like that. Just wanted to relay the info - Hercules is doing great!
Fran
Fran

Postby Tanya on Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:02 pm

I really enjoyed that dog's company. I walked him first every time I went to the shelter.- I hate to play favorites,,but...He is such a gentle giant and love to hear how he is doing. He won my heart and glad he won someone else's...St. Francis does listen.
Tanya

Postby judym on Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:53 am

I introduced that family to Hercules! I'm so glad that they love him- they were initially a little hesitant because he was so big. They have 2 older kids who
adored him:) They took him home the same day that they met him.
judym

Return to Dog and Cat Adoption Team