i fell victim...

A forum for dog and cat adoption team members

i fell victim...

Postby jenniesloan86 on Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:50 pm

it was only a matter of time.

Meet Sophie.

And yes, I really am allergic and brought a cat home. We are all very happy and slightly itchy. My mother-in-law has kind of laid claim to her though. That's okay, I think she kind of felt left out with the dog.

I also attached a couple pics of our other fur baby, Bear during playtime at the beach last weekend.
Attachments
jenniesloan86

Re: i fell victim...

Postby Fran on Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:52 am

Ah, yes -- I too knew it was only a matter of time, Jennie :) Congrats on the new baby! OMG, she is just so adorable. What a lucky day for this wonderful little kitty.

And, what can I say about Bear -- he's awesome! He definitely has the right name. Just put "Teddy" in front of that!
Fran
Fran

Postby jenniesloan86 on Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:57 pm

lol i'm sure she'd really appreciate being shaved. haha she'd probably bite me, then I'd really get some hives.

Thanks for the congrats guys :)

And yes we would looooove to have another dog, but we live with my mother-in-law right now... I don't think she'd appreciate another one, even though she loves my Bear Bear. It gets rough sometimes in a house with seven people and an eighty five pound dog. Don't you worry, when we have our own house I plan to have my own little zoo. Carl says I'm limited to two of our own dogs and one foster, and three foster cats. Little does he know.... wait for kitten season!!!!

(PS I'm dead if he sees this)
jenniesloan86

Postby codaluvspets on Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:18 pm

LOL! Congrats Jennie! Well, we're up to Travis, Kojo, PJ & Angelo kitties & Nala aka Molly Beagle! she's adorable!
Norma & Danielle :)
codaluvspets

Postby jenniesloan86 on Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:57 pm

LOL thanks guys.

and Kathryn your trying to get me killed!
jenniesloan86

Postby mjo on Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:59 pm

Jennie,
Congratulations on your new addition.
I have read and been told that if you wipe down your cat or dog with a USED dryer sheet it helps to reduce the effects of the shedding hair.
Also, your little baby is young enough that if you started getting her used to baths, a weekly bath would also help to cut down on her dander and shedding which might help your allergies also. (Cats that are shown in cat shows get weekly baths.)
My cat, also a foster I couldn't return to the shelter, gets a bath every spring and fall. In fact she goes in to the groomer next week. She is a medium haired cat and I have found that by giving her a bath and a blow dry at the groomers really makes a substantial difference in her shedding. I do brush and comb her regularly, but the bath helps to get a major portion of the twice a year major shedding of her coat out of the way. She doesn't seem to mind the baths and my family appreciates the results!
mjo
mjo

Postby jenniesloan86 on Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:25 am

Hey Mjo

Thanks so much for the tips :) I just bought these allergy relief wipes at petsmart and they seem to help. She likes getting rubbed with them too.

I think once she puts some weight on we might look into a bath. We have allergn shampoo for the dog already which also seems to help. LOL we're allergic to him too, but not very bad.

She's started to get along well with my dog. He loves her and gives her tons of kisses. She is still a bit nervous with him, because he's such a big oaf and wacks into her by accident sometimes. She isn't spitting and swatting at him anymore though so that's a plus! I'm going to get her soft paws soon once she gets a little bigger.
jenniesloan86

Return to Dog and Cat Adoption Team